Desun Today : April 2017 - Diabetes
Diabetes can lead to
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Eye complications even blindness
- Peripheral neuropathy, skin infections & many more complications.
When the pancreas does not produce adequate insulin or when the body does not respond to it.
Type 1 Diabetes - Usually appears in children, teenagers or young adults and can be controlled by keeping the blood glucose (sugar) level by insulin therapy.
Type 2 Diabetes - Is associated with obesity, genetic risk factors & inactivity.
Gestational Diabetes - A hereditary form of diabetes that any pregnant woman can develop. Women older than 25 are at increased risk.
Slow healing sores, Frequent urination, Unexplained weight loss, Blurred vision, Fatigue, Irritability, Sweating, Increased thirst, Extreme hunger, Frequent infections.
Proper medication | Regular blood sugar check | Controlled calorie-intake | Regular Exercise | Quit smoking
What is special about desun?
- DESUN has the most advanced medical infrastructure to handle any sort of emergencies. Most importantly the alertness, promptness and attentiveness is the same whether it is 2am at night or it is 2pm in the afternoon.
- There is “24x7 Ambulance Network Cell” which is fully operational and helps you to locate an ambulance from anywhere in West Bengal in shortest possible time.
- Cashless facilities (subject to your policy terms & conditions & approval from TPA & Insurance) are offered at DESUN for Mediclaim Policy Holders.
- Desun a PPN enlisted Hospital : A Preferred Provider Network (PPN) Hospital with a special package rate approved by all major Govt. Insurance Companies.
- Corporate Group Mediclaim Policy : The corporate GMP is to provide assistance to all the employees & their dependants in the event of hospitalization due to any disease or injury.
List of some Corporate GMP available for Cashless facilities at DESUN :
- R.S. SOFTWARE
- RETD. EMPLOYEES
- SRMB STEEL
- ULTRATECH CEMENT
- CONSUMER PRODUCTS
- ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION
- M N DASTUR
- TIMES OF INDIA
- JET AIRWAYS
- SPICE JET
- GOVT. INSTITUTES
- KOLKATA POLICE
- WEST BENGAL POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD
- WEST BENGAL MEDICAL SERVICE CORPORATION