Burns are one of the most devastating forms of trauma. Patients with serious burn injury require immediate specialised care in order to minimise the infection rates and mortality. Getting admitted early in a specialised burns unit after a burn injury is very necessary as the burn wounds get infected very fast if not taken proper care immediately.
DESUN's Burn's Unit
DESUN Hospital's Burn Unit is the only dedicated Tertiary Level Burns Unit in Siliguri, India. This Burn Unit provides patients and their families with the highest level of specialised burn Care. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive burn care in a nurturing, compassionate, personal and hygienic environment.
Care for Burns of all Types / Degrees at DESUN
We provide comprehensive burn care, from life-threatening injuries. DESUN's burn unit provides the most advanced, innovative care for the treatment of all degrees of burns-
First Degree Burns - Involves epidermis (outermost layer of the skin). These types of burns heal without scarring, as for example extreme Sunburn.
Second Degree (Superficial) Burns - This involves epidermis and superficial part of dermis (The sensitive connective tissue layer of the skin located below the epidermis).These types of burns usually heal with intensive care and frequent aseptic dressings in Burns Unit within 3 weeks with some scarring.
Second Degree (Deep) Burns - this involves epidermis and deep dermis. These types of burns take long time to heal with appreciable scarring. These types of burns generally require Skin Grafting in specialised Burns Unit.
Third Degree Burns - this involves epidermis and deep dermis. These types of burns take long time to heal with appreciable scarring. These types of burns generally require Skin Grafting in specialised Burns Unit.
DESUN Burn Unit: Team Approach
We incorporate a team approach to caring for burn patients and their families. Our highly trained critical care burn unit comprises of experienced and compassionate multidisciplinary team of specialists who are skilled in critical care medicine and nursing. We are the only burn unit in Eastern India to have a dedicated psychiatrist to address the psychological needs of patients.
DESUN's Burn Team
DESUN Burn Unit is composed of specialists who work closely together to ensure that our patient is benefitted from expert care. The care team includes:
- Physiotherapist to prevent/minimise post burn contractures
- Emergency Medicine Physicians and Staff
- Nursing Staff
Speciality of DESUN Burn Unit
- Very strong protocol for secondary Infection Control as per NABH Infection Control Guidelines
- Specialised Glass Cubicles to prevent infections
- Specialised Sterile Zone Management
DESUN Burn unit provides
- Acute care for all severely injured burns patients
- Strong and effective Critical Care monitoring with experts and trained nursing care
- Regular Burns dressing by surgeons
- Implementation of 3rd generation Grafting Techniques
- Dedicated lifesaving ventilator support
- Post-operative rehabilitation and scar management services.
- Advice, assessment and treatment of outpatients with minor burns.